What level of training do you have?

Too what "general" level of training or skills have you completed

• OW (Open Water)

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • AOW (Advanced open water, without confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • AOW (With confined spaces speciality,,Cave, Wreck, Ice...etc...

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Nitrox (No confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • Nitrox (with confined space speciality)

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Rebreather or Tri-Mix & other gasses (Very Deep, and or confined spaces)

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess by your definition I am Nitrox (confined spaces speciality) as I have done my nitrox and wreck speciaity course. But in reality it's a bit futher as I have deco procedures and advanced nitrox but then I don't have cave diving or mixed gases.

so somewhere between your last 2.

Jonathan

Just to clarify the reason for the lack of "detail" in the poll.

This poll is also being done by a phone poll to LDS in Canada by my girl friend as part of a university study. The question and the possible responses are identical to the phone poll.

According to her prof. the Internet cannot possibly produce results that mirror "conventional" polling data. She disagrees and asked me to post it to a site that is the most diverse and representative of the dive community that I know of.

Naturally this is the first place I though of.

So be patient, and vote honestly in a catagory that best discribes your level of skill and training, and help prove an old set in his ways university prof. wrong. (I hope?)

PS. My GF sends a big wet kiss to all the guys online.....EEwwww, I had to type this. :eek:ut:

PPS. Just for that,,,I'm sending one out to all the women. :D

I'm Trimix certified as well as wreck!:) But never a snob will dive in the Quarry or the river with others it is all about having fun..

LEN

But plan on getting AOW as soon as I can get somewhere that offers the specialties I'd like. (No real wrecks here in Arizona to go dive! Just old cars people dumped.)

I would like to get more training and get better at this great sport!

Kristey

AOW. Rescue starts 6.00pm tonight followed by two days at Dosthill Quarry. I'm really looking forward to that lovely cloudy cold water!

Cavediver, hoping to do my trimix training next summer.

Open Water and Nitrox (no overhead).

AOW starts on the 31st. with Rescue immediately following.

Jarhead

PADI Rescue, but agree to your exclusion since different agencies may mean different 'rescues'. That leaves me with in the small Nitrox (TDI) and wreck (PADI).

Back
Top Bottom