What level of training do you have?

Too what "general" level of training or skills have you completed

• OW (Open Water)

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • AOW (Advanced open water, without confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • AOW (With confined spaces speciality,,Cave, Wreck, Ice...etc...

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Nitrox (No confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • Nitrox (with confined space speciality)

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Rebreather or Tri-Mix & other gasses (Very Deep, and or confined spaces)

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You really need to include the professional levels. Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, and Instructor for a start.

Scott

Originally posted by pt40fathoms
what level people have taken this sport to.

I have PADI AOW and I'm scheduled for the Rescue package later this year. I figure you always benefit from both the training and the focused practice it imposes of older skills.

But training isn't an end in itself. I aim to be trained to enjoy recreational diving to the full, I currently have no ambitions to go to mixed gases or into the tech side.

We'll see!

I just got certified NAUI open water. I think I'm hooked! I'm looking forward to loggin' some dives and furthering my education!

I want to dive with sharks. I have a mild fear of them, and I want to get over it because I love them! I think they're beautiful animals. I was thinking maybe the Bahamas. It looks like a good place to dive with some more 'tame' sharks. Anybody got any input?

Of course, dolphins are a must too, but I gotta dive with sharks.

Originally posted by finstotheleft

I want to dive with sharks. I have a mild fear of them, and I want to get over it because I love them! I think they're beautiful animals. I was thinking maybe the Bahamas. It looks like a good place to dive with some more 'tame' sharks. Anybody got any input?

Shark Junction, Freeport, Grand Bahama.

Please don't ever think of them as tame!!!!!!

I'm trying to get a "better" shark pic each time I go there. The first one is still the best click here

There is a"new"wreck not far from there. They just sunk it a couple of months ago. I'm looking forward to checking it out this fall!

Can't seem to find the pics of it going down.......I got 'em here somewhere..............:confused:

Cool pics Tavi! That's another thing I want to do. Underwater photography. Got to have proof for the big fish tales!

And don't take me the wrong way...I have a very healthy respect for sharks and none of them are "tame"....but I'd feel better with those sharks than say, a bull, tiger or great white!

Do you dive with sharks often? Maybe this should be a new thread, because I'd love to hear about it!

Back
Top Bottom