What light to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The UK SL3 is the way to go. It is a compact super bright eLED light. For $59 bucks you get and eLED bright light that is pretty much indestructable. That is the way I would go, I diving with one myself and it is a great daytime light for finding those hidding critters as well as powerfull enough for a night dive.

There has been a lot of improvements in dive lights since LED's were introduced. Bang for the buck, I use a SST50. Web Store - Novae: Your #1 source for HID and LED flashlights! . For the money it is a very impressive light.

Now here is what I don't like about it. First, there isn't a click or any resistance moving from one setting to another. Second, there are too many options on the switch. I don't need a low, medium, or high setting and you can completely drop the battery strength flashing option. Third, spare batteries are hard to find and expensive.

Would I buy it again, in a New York minute.

What do you like about it, driftwood? How is the beam pattern? Color? Brightness?

That's more than I had planned to spend, so I'm wondering how it compares to the Dorcy 220 or Princeton Tec Miniwave.

Back
Top Bottom