What new reg to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I called around about both regs, I was very impressed when I talked to Mr. Foxx himself at Zeagle. So price and features combined led me to get the Flathead VI, and got it today from Scubatoys. Great reg it looks like. Can't wait to dive it.

What was it that the guy at Zeagle said that helped to make up you mind?

Own 2 of them myself... great reg you'll love it. Good people at Zealge and Scubatoys.

serrada:
What was it that the guy at Zeagle said that helped to make up you mind?
It was a combination of what he said and what he didn't have to say. Basically he explained that at the level of reg I was looking at, most of the major manufacturers have the same features, the same reliability, just in different packages, and so you need to look at price, service, and customer support. Plus it was major bonus points that I talked to the guy that designed the reg.

And it sealed the deal that I could get it from ScubaToys instead of my more local stealership. (2.5 hours isn't that local) I've dealt with him in the past and have always been satisfied, to the point that I now consider him my 'local' shop.

So the points that convinced me? Quality, price, easy to get, made in the USA.

I have an Apeks atx 200 that i got for an insainly cheap price from a shop closing. If i had not yet tried er out and passed my aqualung legend onto my cousin I would have probly parted with it. With that being said. It breaths GREAT I went from an aqualung junker to an Oceanic Zeta to the legend and now the atx200 has won over all of them. I think its worth the sticker shock.

Back
Top Bottom