What restaurant can I eat a lionfish at in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasmacks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your best bet these days would be up in Jupiter, and down in Key Largo.

Chug
Watching the wind blow.....
and blow......
and blow.....

I am trying to ask about specific places in Key Largo, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish House (MM102) had it in the seafood case when you walk right in. It wasn't on the menu but if it was in the case, they would give you a price to prepare it for you in the restaurant. Best to call 1st to make sure it's in the case before going. Also you can ask at the counter if they can bring some in for you. Most commercial divers see them on every dive and if they know the wholesaler wants some, they'll target it and bring it in. Many times they just make ceviche out of it.

Also if you get a tri-tip pole spear you can hunt them outside of the preserve and don't even need a license! Just shoot all of them. Then bring your caught fish to many of the local restaurants and they will prepare them for you. I like to take them to Sundowners, but check price$$ and if they are too busy to prepare them before going. Lionfish tastes REALLY REALLY good !!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom