What should the official liquor be for the diving world?

What should the official liquor be for divers

• Beer

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Wine

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Brandy

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Tequila

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Vodka

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Gin

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Rum

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beer, but only if you exclude American beers :tongue:

Americans tend to be funny with words. They call a game they play with hands and an egg "football" and some strange mild liquid they have they call "beer".

Here in europe we have game we play with feet and a ball, we call it football. We habe a delicious beverage nothing like it's name-kin across the big water, it is beer and we call it such.

:cool:

- Mikko Laakkonen -

Americans tend to be funny with words. They call a game they play with hands and an egg "football" and some strange mild liquid they have they call "beer".

Here in europe we have game we play with feet and a ball, we call it football. We habe a delicious beverage nothing like it's name-kin across the big water, it is beer and we call it such.

:cool:

- Mikko Laakkonen -
What's even funnier is that all the beer companies here were founded by Europeans.
Maybe they made horrible beer in Europe and were outcast so they came here?

I have a German friend who constantly bashes American beers, but then his normal daily choice is Coors Light
That's the most watered down piss water you can get and he likes it. I don't get it.

Beer, but only if you exclude American beers :tongue:

Come to the west coast and try some craft beer, it sure beats any Karhu, Karjala, Koff, Labatt, Molson, or Moosedrool I've had :wink:

I voted for beer, but know it won't work if it makes the next round because I love an IPA or stout after a dive in cold water, but a local beer when diving places like Mexico or Fiji. Hawaii has Kona Brewing, but I usually go with one of their middle of the road beers.

So picking one single beverage, I'd have to go with the Kraken. I love me some Sailor Jerry (great with ginger ale), but it seems to be much harder to find in my travels than Kraken.

I voted for beer, but know it won't work if it makes the next round because I love an IPA or stout after a dive in cold water, but a local beer when I love me some Sailor Jerry (great with ginger ale), but it seems to be much harder to find in my travels than Kraken.
That's part of the object of this thread, to try and put Rum on the map and make Sailor Jerry available world wide. Come on Rum!

But if beer wins I'd have a tough time too because there are too many great micro breweries where I live. In fact I have the number 1 in US (number 7 in the world) right in my town - Pliney the Younger, Russian River Brewing Co.

A nice local beer or, for more festive occasions:
file_64_87.jpg

Bob
--------------------------------
"Drinkin' Rum before 10:00 AM makes you a Pirate, not an alcoholic." - Earl Dibbles Jr.

"Out of rum. Why? Why are we out of rum?" ―Jack Sparrow

No question about it out here on Catalina Island... buffalo milk!

Scapa whisky, obviously or Highland Park.

If beer is your thing then Skullsplitter, Dark Island or any of the other Orkney Brewery beers.

That's part of the object of this thread, to try and put Rum on the map and make Sailor Jerry available world wide. Come on Rum!

But if beer wins I'd have a tough time too because there are too many great micro breweries where I live. In fact I have the number 1 in US (number 7 in the world) right in my town - Pliney the Younger, Russian River Brewing Co.

Sounds like Eric is supplying our first annual Scubaboard beer fest with pliney the younger...

Back
Top Bottom