• 85 to 100

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • 104 or larger

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For single tanks I have HP85 and HP100s. For twins I have HP100s. I rarely see anything bigger than that twinned locally. I do get comments asking about why I dive HP100s, especially given my air consumption but I like the way they trim out, I can do multiple dives with them and you can never have too much air.

I do get a lot of guys at fill stations offer to carry them to my car though :rofl3:

Still have my AL 80s and dive them the most. Bought a HP80 because it was cute sitting beside my double HP100s in the shop. The 80HP doesn't fit on my single tank adapter for my rec wing very well since its so short so I only dive it in my jacket. I just broke my double HP100s into singles for this season. Looking forward to seeing how they dive as singles.
I can't see the poll on my phone so I can't actually vote.

Ber

<deleted - sorry hadn't realised this post was in the women's views forum>

I bought to AL80's 16 years ago and am still using them. I use the shops 63's in the pool. I borrow steel hp 100 (nitrox) and I'm debating what I might buy for technical diving. I was going to twin AL80's. I hope to beg/borrow or steal something first.

My tanks are a mess. I should really dive singles more often but as most of my tanks are rigged for something else it leaves HP130 as my single tanks. Currently I do grab my sidemount LP85s as singles though because I have carrying issues (I find Al80s - my stages - just too much trouble with the lead requirements).

I love the HP130 as a single but then again, by size, I am like average guy just not as strong. 130 balances so nice and gives such a nice reserve - as long as I can get it to water.

I have HP100s doubled up but they will get broken up and might end up as single tanks too, so maybe they will serve me well again. Anything smaller (HP80, 63 etc) are just too short).

LP85 is pretty much my favourite tank but I would need more of those, and I would like to try 95:s to see if they are too short - for when one needs a bit more gas than 85 can give.

One HP120
Double HP130s

[sm]Opps... women's forum.[/sm]

TSandM maybe you could edit your first post to say FEMALE RESPONSES ONLY throughout as clearly many are missing the 'You are in the Woman's View forum'.

I presume you are looking for female answers, not everyone though?

The "Other" option says to explain, so...

I dive a steel 100 hp when I want to dive Nitrox because that is my "clean" cylinder.

For remote location and where I don't know the condition of the compressor I take my steel 80 hp cylinder.

HP steel 100s (single tank; I don't dive doubles). I love them because they are short and fit my torso but still hold a lot of air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom