What suit/combination for 65 degree H2O?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

55-65 F equals something like 12-15 Celsius.
In Denmark we would use something like a 2x7mm wetsuit or a drysuit for being warm and comfy at depth.
What about using a 7mm top/torso/hood in combination with your 5mm. Then You get some ekstra isolation around your better parts.
Have a nice trip and say hello to a penguin from me!

That's exactly what we are going to do, I just acquired to Bare Supra Artic hooded, sleeveless vests, and an extra pair of gloves. It is still a bit of a guessing game, as everyone has different tolerances. But, I'll check them out in the Atlantic this weekend.

I have purchased a 5/3 mm. suit and plan on using that in Bonaire(that is water is about as warm as it gets) fortunately, the suit zips in front so I can open it up when(not if that's for sure) I get hot. I plan on diving here in Minnesota and for shallow lakes I'm getting either a hooded step-in shorty or a hooded vest. Then I plan on diving dry for everything else. Using a trilam suit seems to give the best versatility-if it's cold then I will wear full thermal underwear if it's a little warm then t-shirt and shorts.

was my exact incentive to go with the hooded vest. If I get too hot, and I've been uncomfortably hot in a wetsuit before, the ease of flushing the head and chest/heart area is key. A backzipping shortie isn't 'flush friendly'. And I 'turn on the hot water', so flushing is an issue with me (moreso with booties:)

Uncomfortable warm in wetsuit?!?!?! Wow! You must be a living furnance; I'm generally cool to cold in a wetsuit, even in the carribean. I plan on taking my full wetsuit (7mm jumper and 5mm hooded vest) this time around. Maybe I'll be warm....

Buff, where are you located in MN? I'm in the general vicinity, heading for Wisconsin to do some diving in a couple of days, then it's the North Shore. Brrrrr!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom