what temp is too cold to dive in a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once had a boss who had a rule of thumb regarding weather and his beloved golf game. He would not golf when the outside temp was lower than his age. If I applied the same to water temp & diving wet, it would mean anything below 42 would be too cold. I can live with that.

The cool thing about this formula is that by the time I hit 70, I'll be forced to migrate south like the other old farts. I wouldn't mind spending retirement in Florida.

Retirement yeah, right. With four kids? LMAO.

I've found my 6.5mm FJ quite adequate in just about any water. So far.

Curly:
I once had a boss who had a rule of thumb regarding weather and his beloved golf game. He would not golf when the outside temp was lower than his age. If I applied the same to water temp & diving wet, it would mean anything below 42 would be too cold. I can live with that.

The cool thing about this formula is that by the time I hit 70, I'll be forced to migrate south like the other old farts. I wouldn't mind spending retirement in Florida.

Sheesh, they don't make water 27°F!!! Not that's still moving, anyhow.

Guess my wetsuit will be good for quite a while....... :D

FreeFloat:
Sheesh, they don't make water 27°F!!! Not that's still moving, anyhow.

You'll have to shift your diving over to seawater. The freezing point is lower...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom