What the the Scuba Diving movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Fishkiller
Is the symptoms of HPNS true or were they Hollywoodized?

:brain:
All righty, Fishkiller. Abyss HPNS symptoms are: muscle tremors, usually starting in the hands, nausea, increased excitability, disorientation..."and a partridge in a pear tree"..

Given James Cameron's prediliction for attention to detail, they are somewhat sanitised for Hollywood: he missed out dizziness, vomiting, postural tremors, fatigue and somnolence, stomach cramps and general loss of body control, death...

Do I get to pass Go and collect $200?

YES

the HPNS is a true occurance but the way it was displayed in the movie was hollywood, you don't go psyco for one they embelished some

now as for money the new EURO is better than Monopoly money

"Around the World Under the Sea" with Mr. Bridges was just on. I think this is post "Sea Hunt" days. Not bad but water must have weighed less in the early 60's. I would love to have a complete set of the gear used!

Dave

Few more recent movies to add - The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, Open Water and Sanctum.
Couple of older "underwater" movies - Leviathan and Deepstar Six.
Into the Blue has some incredible free-diving sequences that reminded me of a friend when I lived in the Virgin Islands - he could free-dive so long it was amazing - being down for several minutes on one breath.

"Fool's Gold" is a good movie with some diving. Stars Matthew McConahay.
"Deep Blue"--Jessica Alba, I think.

The Deep

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Sanctum :idk:

I watched that once......what a terrible movie. If this was all I had to go by before getting certed, I would have passed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom