What to wear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titan8883:
What do you guys wear under a wetsuit? For my open water cert i wore regular swim trunks, but they were kinda bunchy under the wetsuit. Anything in perticular that people wear? Sorry if this sounds stupid, just wondering.
Are you saying that doesn't look good? :11ztongue

Actually, I'm with you on that one. I like to wear spandex biking shorts. The fit good, no bunching and aren't quite as "nasty" as speedos...

Under a wetsuit? I go commando. Unnatural bulk underneath just makes for an uncomfortable dive, so why wear anything? Unless, of course, trying to make a fashion-statement....

They also dry very quickly and you can throw on mesh shorts over them so you're not advertising your "bidness", that is, unless that is your intention...

Titan8883:
What do you guys wear under a wetsuit? For my open water cert i wore regular swim trunks, but they were kinda bunchy under the wetsuit. Anything in perticular that people wear? Sorry if this sounds stupid, just wondering.

No, not THAT kind of Depends!

When I want to feel pretty I wear something frilly. Size 58 stout. Hard to find. Some people wear panty hose (man and woment) it makes the suit slip on like a greased goose carcass.

Titan- See all the possibilities this weekend at Our World Underwater dive show in Rosemont/Chicago- since you live there... stop on by!

Beast wears a long legged lycra swim suit from Aeroskin. Look on page 7 of their catalog for item numbers P360, P738, and P739. I wear one of their Polyolefin uni-suits, P341.

Alot of dive shops carry Aeroskin but they may have to order them men's suits for you.

Dee, do you and the Beast only wear the skin in the tropics or do you wear it under a wetsuit? I have never worn a wetsuit in the tropics but due to my recent sucess I get cold much quicker. I have started wearing a shorty even in the pool.

Joe

I wear a lycra skin under my wetsuit. Otherwise, I end up with raw knuckles from neoprene burn while donning the wetsuit.

Ditto on the jammers. These things rock!!! I really wish that I got a commission from our local swim shop, I could buy part of my gear. They dry out real quick and you can wear them under a pair of shorts for that after dive dinner.

Just don't like the idea of going commando especially since I still rent. The fellows like a little bit of a clean home. Also have seen the problem of no place to change so you are hanging out for God and everybody to see while dressing. Of course there are ways around that to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom