What type of tank are you using for doubles in cold water or warm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In metric world, good cold water doubles for technical diving (so leaving some smaller sizes out) would be 12s (85s?), 16s (104s) or 18s (130s?), all 200 or 232 bar. 10s are a bit on the small side and too short to don and trim, 15s hold enough gas but are a bit short for most people too.

For recreational diving 7s in 200/232 or even 300 bar are fine, and I especially like 8,5s in 232; enough gas for just about any dive in the no-or-very-limited-deco nitrox range, lighter than 12s, and trim beautifully.

//LN

If 130 is hp than they would be a bit smaller than 104 internal volume wise . I might be wrong but hp130 are about 16l and 104 about 16.5

Double Worthington HP 100's, DSS Wing w/steel backplate ... and ALWAYS in sub 38F water year round.

Thank you, ajduplessis......The US should have left 'Imperial' behind and laid it to rest completely long ago:shakehead: !!!!!

I started diving doubles with my set of LP121's (~170 Bar 19L tanks) which is what I had at the time. My god they were heavy, but I loved them all the same. I recently got myself into a set of worthington HP120's (15.4L 232bar) backmounted doubles. I quite like these tanks, as they hold a great deal of air, fit my back excellently (i am a tall guy with a long back) and they are only 8pounds heavier than a set of HP100's. For sidemount i am using AL 80's but am considering trying to find a set of LP85's. To date, the warmest dive i have done is 65F 18C. I almost always dive in a drysuit, and my average dive temperature is about 45F/7C. With winter temperatures spiking much, much lower.

-- nielsent

Worthington hp119's.... a little heavy, but I'm a big boy!

Have only used them in cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom