What type of tank are you using for doubles in cold water or warm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Twin LP95's for Backmount in the Atlantic, HP100s for Sidemount cave, AL80s for sidemount teaching. Point being it kind of depends on how big you are, and how much gas you need. I would try and borrow a couple sets and try them out. I used to dive 104s and 108s, now my knees and back really like the 95s and HP100s.:wink:

Bill

I use a set of HP 117cft (Faber) for my diving mounted on SS BP/Wg

I have Worthington LP85s for my doubles. I've been diving sidemount here at home with Al80s, since that's all they have in Mexico.

What exposure protection are you using? Drysuit or Wetsuit?

Also, what kind of diving do you see yourself doing in say five years?

I've dove AL80's, LP72's, LP85's, HP100's, and LP108's. I love my LP108's for longish deeper dives with out a stage, but they are heavy. My LP85's are about perfect for multiple recreational dives or deeper dives with a stage. AL80's are nice in a wetsuit.

Use Faber LP85's or Faber HP100's w/DSS SS BKP or DSS Kydex BKP w/Apek wing and AL40 Stage bottle [when necessary] and either wet or dry suit, all in various combinations depending on situation ie: Salt/Fresh, Cave/Deep, Warm/Cold......Tend to like the LP85's.......

LP95's with Aluminum plate diving wet till drysuit gets here. Nice setup for local stuff for me very balanced feel.

HP98's(my favorite), LP121's, and doubled Luxfer AL80's. I dive mostly cold water in a drysuit, but I will use all three sets of doubles in warm or cold water with whatever exposure protection I need for the dive.

In metric world, good cold water doubles for technical diving (so leaving some smaller sizes out) would be 12s (85s?), 16s (104s) or 18s (130s?), all 200 or 232 bar. 10s are a bit on the small side and too short to don and trim, 15s hold enough gas but are a bit short for most people too.

For recreational diving 7s in 200/232 or even 300 bar are fine, and I especially like 8,5s in 232; enough gas for just about any dive in the no-or-very-limited-deco nitrox range, lighter than 12s, and trim beautifully.

//LN

In metric world, good cold water doubles for technical diving (so leaving some smaller sizes out) would be 12s (85s?), 16s (104s) or 18s (130s?), all 200 or 232 bar. 10s are a bit on the small side and too short to don and trim, 15s hold enough gas but are a bit short for most people too.

For recreational diving 7s in 200/232 or even 300 bar are fine, and I especially like 8,5s in 232; enough gas for just about any dive in the no-or-very-limited-deco nitrox range, lighter than 12s, and trim beautifully.

//LN

Lauri, whats a metric?!

Lauri, whats a metric?!

Metric:It’s a system used by all educated countries to define all measurements. Imperial is the same system used by less refined cultures :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom