What would an Orca Marathon Dive Computer reasonably sell for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am brand new to this forum, and actually joined specifically to ask actual divers this question.

Some back story: in 2005, I graduated from the University of West Florida with a Bachelor's in Cultural Anthropology... but my last semester, I took an elective Conservation of Archaeological Materials class and fell in love with the entire world of underwater Archaeology. At the time, I did not have the ability to take the required summer-long field school, so I accepted my CA bachelor's and figured when the time was right, I could go back and aquire a Master's Degree in Marine Archaeology.

About 2 years ago, a friend of a friend got a call from a Dive Master buddy of his who had just had open heart surgery. This DM was told by his doctor that he would never dive again, and because he didn't have medical insurance, he needed money for his medications. He had called to see if my friend's friend wanted to buy some of his dive equipment: 3 tanks and a dive computer. My friend's friend didn't have any extra money, but I did, and figured I could start accumulating my equipment for when I went back for my Master's Degree.

Life, however, did not see fit to grant me that ability and I find myself in possession of an Orca Marathon dive computer that I don't need. I wish to list it on Craigslist and sell it locally, within the NW FL area, as I do NOT trust paypal or deal in anything other than cash. However... I have no idea what a "good" price to sell it for would be. I don't want to list it for too much and NOT sell it, but at the same time I want to get as much as I can for it.

So, I am asking peoplewho might know: what would a good price on an Orca Marathon dive computer, the machine and rubber case only (no manual)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom