what would happen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My instructor actually did this in my AOW deep dive. The egg assumes a pretty round shape with the yolk in the center. We batted it around a bit for fun.

Dave Zimmerly:
Because there is no air in the egg to contract or expand, nothing would happen.

I'd think there's SOME air in an egg, isn't there? I wonder if the shell is porous. Maybe the goo along the inside of the shell acts as an air seal.

Anyone going diving today?? :D

What would you do if at 100 feet depth you cracked the egg open and a little chick comes out, would you give the chick your alternet!!!!

mccabejc:
I'd think there's SOME air in an egg, isn't there? I wonder if the shell is porous. Maybe the goo along the inside of the shell acts as an air seal.

The shell is porous

mccabejc:

In one of my high school biology classes, back like 8 years ago maybe?, we took an egg and put it in a glass of water and took another egg and put it in a glass of cooking oil and left the eggs in the glasses for two days.

If I remember correctly, the egg in the glass of water took on the water and assumed a round shape and had a texture of a soft, squishy sphere. The egg in the oil expelled liquid and shriveled up.

Also note that the eggs were raw eggs straight from the fridge. It was a very cool experiment.

Wayward Son:
Sure & maybe, maybe not. Depends on where you are, in some places baiting is a time honored tradition, in others totally unaccepted, in most some mix of both depending on species.

But fishermen use bait to catch fish, so why not use bait to bring them in?
Well, I don't know. All I know is my late husband got a ticket for putting a salt lick near his tree stand.:D

Wayward Son:
Sure & maybe, maybe not. Depends on where you are, in some places baiting is a time honored tradition, in others totally unaccepted, in most some mix of both depending on species.

But fishermen use bait to catch fish, so why not use bait to bring them in?

UMMM I belive the fishyman's terms for this one is chumming???:D

Come on...what happened to the fingers doing the manipulation. Vegas is out for half yous guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom