what would happen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Crack it on the hand rail then peal it open at around 112ft you have to be carful not to crush it cause when it cracks it looses its structural integrity and it's really easy to just turn it into mush...

The yoke will stay together and the white will float away.....
You can wave you hands near it and move it around that way... But if you touch it, it breaks up....

Usually only get to play with it for a minute or so before the BLUE pariot fish swim buy and snatch it....

I also usualy carry a tennis ball on deap dives - they flatten out like a pancake around 90 ft.. then stay that way till around 50 feet when they pop back out round... Makes a really loud pop when it does it as well....

HowieDean:
I also usualy carry a tennis ball on deap dives - the flatten out like a pancake around 90 ft.. then stay that way till around 50 feet when they pop back out round... Makes a really loud pop when it does it as well....

I dove a quarry once with a few of stolen/abandoned cars at the bottom, and all the tires were crushed into 5 sided "cubes" They all had this shape.

I did that with my instructor Phil on Khram wreck off pattaya at 28 m. When the egg was broken softly the yolk stayed intack and the albumen floated away slowly like stands. . We played around with it a bit and when I poked it with the knife it started leaking and attracked lots of cleaner wrasses. The 3.8 ata kept the yolk intack for quite some time till it was eaten by those wrasses.

I thought to sofen the shell it was soaked in vinager not water? A chicken butt does after all have moisture in it.
Oh good lord, I have to get a life!

aboalreem:
What would happen if you take an egg to 100 feet, and cracked it open? will it explode, or the yoke would be hold together?any ideas

There is a small pocket of air in the egg shell. Compression on the descent would, probably crack the shell. If it made it, then nothing serious would occur when you cracked the shell as only the air pocket is compressible.

If you try it can you please tell me if my theory is correct.:mooner:

...had a standard size coffee cup pressed down to me when I was stored in saturation @ 710' fsw. - it ended up the size of a thimble for a large thumb!

Coffee, coffee everywhere.

Then again, I went into the pot @ 6'2'', 200lbs. & good lookin'; upon arriving @ 710', I was 4' 3" & very ugly!

Best Fishes,
DSD

Dave Zimmerly:
Because there is no air in the egg to contract or expand, nothing would happen.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Don't know about your grade school science class, but when I incubated eggs in grade school, we were taught that there is a natural air pocket in one end of the egg that has a membrane separating the actual embryo from that air pocket. Granted, that air pocket is supposed to be able to exchange air from the outside over time, but it's still an air pocket.

Wildcard:
I thought to sofen the shell it was soaked in vinager not water? A chicken butt does after all have moisture in it.

Maybe it was vinager. It's been years ago, but the experiment always stuck with me because I thought it was cool. :)

Wildcard:

You just HAVE to tell us how you knew that...

Back
Top Bottom