What would you do with slow inflator leak on a liveaboard trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think I would want to dive on a live-aboard that didn't have rental equipmen as a just-in-case.

I don't think I would want to dive on a live-aboard that didn't have rental equipmen as a just-in-case.

I completely understand that. This one only had so much space so they had limited back-ups. They brought some with them, but that week everyone on the boat had equipment failures and they ran out of rental equipment options, which were already few. I was lucky with only one piece, another guy also had BC failure and it wouldn't hold air but he didn't need air to stay up. There was such a long list of equipment failures on that trip. lol

All,
Now I know what I need to learn to service and carry spare equipment on for next time. Thanks for the solid and funny replies.

I read somewhere that there was a debate when power inflators first came out about whether they were even safe for recreational diving.

I have never run into this, but thanks for posting.

I am going to investigate my options for adding tools to fix it, or a spare into my save a dive kit :)
No need to investigate if you have a standard BC. Here is everything you need.
SCUBA Repair Tools - Dive Gear Express

C: Disconnect and finish dive.
Then...
D: Repair inflator once back on boat.

In my Save-a-boat-dive kit I carry the inflator insert ready to go. Although I would carry just the parts and the tool while traveling.

Back
Top Bottom