What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I buy SCUBA gear on E-Bay (and I've purchased at least 3 BCD's), I know I am taking a risk in the purchase. Unless the seller misrepresents the item, I wouldn't complain. I have forgotten to ask critical questions about some equipment, and it was my fault (fortunately even that didn't detract from the satisfaction of getting the item).

I would never undertake any "repairs" without clear written authorization from the seller. If he leaves negative feedback, you have the option of responding to his feedback and explaining the situation.

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it.

I don't really care about the negative feedback, I just feel bad for the guy, if he honestly believes the power inflator needed to be replaced.

It's a character with myself, I want to believe that people in general are good and sometimes I allow myself to be taken advantage of.

But, I just thought it was odd that he didn't contact me first and then expect repayment. Oh well. I already left him positive feedbacl as he did pay quickly, now I learned my lesson, no feedback until the "entire" deal is done.

Thanks again for the responses, I feel better about the whole deal.

Doug

I think you can still respond to negative feedback even after you leave positive feedback. It has been a while since I sold anything on eBay, so this may have changed, but it's worth a look. Good luck and happy bidding! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom