WHAT!! you didn't buy from me!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Imagine, acting like a rational personn gets results! I have a friend who bought a custom CLX about 2 years ago. It fit horribly, we called him "tutu butt" because the guy us really built, with broad shoulders and a small waist. We called DUI and sent them photos of the guy in the suit. They said, "send it back, we'll fix it". We did, andthey did - no charge, obviously.

Get real Krazy Karl.....

King Kong Matt once bubbled...

Some of the posters to this thread are almost savage in their approach to the LDS..."I owe you nothing, you owe me everything and s*rew you if you don't like it...you'll die at the hands of the online dive shop". That very well might be true, but if the real attitude of these people as they walk in to a shop reflects even 1/10 of that sentiment, is it any real shocker that they get less than optimal service?

BINGO!

button is great! My mornings already
off to a good start!:D

all I can tell 'ya is that the shops that I talked to about the DUI suits quoted me their policy, and said it was in their dealer agreement that they cannot help me - once they order the suit, its the customer's problem.

If the company goes beyond their agreement, heh, that's nice. What would be even better is if they were to write their agreements so that you were comfortable that it wasn't going to be an issue in the first place.

Genesis once bubbled...

Airlines are legendary for lying to their customers about the cause of delays.

They do it out of the profit motive - a little-known fact (which is going away as the paper ticket disappears) is that you can endorse a ticket over to ANY airline, and if it is on the same route, they can recover from the issuer the face value!

So, here you are in Chicago, with a flight due to leave for LA. Its on United. They KNOW they have a mechanical problem with the plane and it will be an hour late leaving - if it leaves at all.

Two concourses over, American has a flight going to LA 30 minutes later.

Now, as the United Gate agent, do you tell the truth, and have me, as the customer, turn around and walk down the two concourses, fly standby on the American plane - and have your company EAT the price of my ticket? Remember, that really didn't cost your company anything (you didn't take me anywhere if that happens), but you WILL have to fork up the money to American.

Or you can lie. You can tell me the plane is boarding "in 15 minutes", and that they are just about done solving the problem.

If you do that, and I buy it, I sit there and wait. The American flight departs. You now have my stuck in a box, and even if the plane NEVER leaves the ground, you have my money.

So sorry, so sad, so nice.

Think this doesn't happen DAILY? It certainly does! In fact, its part and parcel of these "agents" TRAINING to lie to their customers in such a situation.

You want to see me get mad at an airline counter? Lie to me about the status of the flight and by doing so keep me from getting where I need to go, and you will make an enemy out of me.

The Federal Government recently started threatening to FINE carriers over these practices. Their "solution"? Getting rid of paper tickets so that you no longer have anything to endorse over! So, in response to the government stepping in AS IT SHOULD and keeping people from LYING for financial gain, the companies again, instead of responding to the problem, eliminate their cause of concern.

Oh yeah, now you'll get the truth about the delay once the paper tickets have gone the way of the dinosaur. You just won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

This E-ticket rant is just fantasy on your part. Why did the airlines go e-ticket-because it saves them millions in costs and handling fees. And yes, you can transfer e-tickets from one airline to another. It's in a testing phase now and most airlines will have the capability within the next month or two.

The conspiracy is in your mind.

One is PADI and one is SSI. Both owners are
friends and both have trained me. I do pay
a little more to buy from them...however I
get three things in return.

1] I get to look at the product before
I buy it. I also get help in comparing
it to other products by the person who
knows my diving abilities better than
anyone else.

2] I help keep a business going that I want
to succeed. I don't want to have to drive
75 miles to another store.

3] They do business with me. I do divorces for
their employees, help with business organi
zation, and do estate planning for them. I
became "their lawyer."

It creates a nice symbiotic relationship.:D

But even without the last reason (which most people can't relate to), the first two are reason enough to patronize the shops.

Lawman once bubbled...
One is PADI and one is SSI. Both owners are
friends and both have trained me. I do pay
a little more to buy from them...however I
get three things in return.

1] I get to look at the product before
I buy it. I also get help in comparing
it to other products by the person who
knows my diving abilities better than
anyone else.

2] I help keep a business going that I want
to succeed. I don't want to have to drive
75 miles to another store.

became "their lawyer."

It creates a nice symbiotic relationship.:D

became "their lawyer."

That is so ironic. I am curious about these divorces. The owner of my LDC has broken up three relationships (that I am aware of)
Usually couples who reach the dm or instructor level. Not sure what these women see in him, he's kind of a nerd. LOL

I was actually just in the middle of writing a thread about that LDC. I'll be posting it in "general" later.

to many businesses...mine just happens to
be law. Insurance, gas station, hardware
store....people tend to do business with the
people that do business with them. It's
just networking.:)

Lawman once bubbled...
to many businesses...mine just happens to
be law. Insurance, gas station, hardware
store....people tend to do business with the
people that do business with them. It's
just networking.:)
It's the old way and i miss it. Handshake business rarely works anymore, so you gotta jump on it when it does.

Buy the way Lawman, i believe nitpicking, paraphrasing attorney's are largely to blame for the loss of the handshake business deal. Thanks a lot man!

........ you deserved that after the shot you took at engineers yesterday!:eek:ut:

Happy New Year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom