What's the craziest thing you ever found?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

found one too under a bridge one day. I generally bring my random treasures home, but no way I was taking THAT! It still had a bar code sticker on the bottom!
The "odd" thing about my find is that it was a brass box that would be bolted into a wall or "monument" with others. Someone removed it ant threw it in the river. We traced the name in the death notices, and they resided a distance south of here (45 min drive).

Wery strange...

Two interesting things in the Florida Keys one VERY HOT SUMMER DAY: A brand new 46" cocked and loaded teak spear gun, laying on the bottom in about 30 feet of water. WATER TEMP WAS AT LEAST IN HIGH 80's.

2. Not far from the spear gun, a new weight belt with 32 pounds of lead. I gave the gun to my dive buddy and I bounced back to the boat with the lead.

Two interesting things in the Florida Keys one very hot summer day: A brand new 46" cocked and loaded teak spear gun, laying on the bottom in about 30 feet of water.

2. Not far from the spear gun, a new weight belt with 32 pounds of lead. I gave the gun to my dive buddy and I bounced back to the boat with the lead.
I found two spear guns. one was eventually reconnected with the owner the other I sold to a friend for $175. 32 lb is a lot of lead. Was that pretty cold water? That sounds like dry suit kind of numbers.

I found two spear guns. one was eventually reconnected with the owner the other I sold to a friend for $175. 32 lb is a lot of lead. Was that pretty cold water? That sounds like dry suit kind of numbers.
32 lbs of lead is lot, sounds to me like somebody on a one way trip to the bottom dropping their speargun so they had two arms to try and swim up with then dropping their weight belt.

32 lbs of lead is lot, sounds to me like somebody on a one way trip to the bottom dropping their speargun so they had two arms to try and swim up with then dropping their weight belt.
32 lbs is pretty close to what a lot of BCD can lift. Add full tank... I could see someone moderately overweighted in a 7mm wetsuit getting to the bottom and realizing they don't have enough lift to get off the bottom. My 120 is 9 lbs negative when full.

Better to find the belt on the bottom than the diver...

A large bag in local lake about 20 m deep. Brought it to shore: inside was BMW car keys, other keys, iPad with charger and other personal belongings. We were able to track owner because personal things revealed that he was in icehockey goalkeeper in local club.
Another time we almost bumb into semi rotten dog carcass in about 4 meters depth. That was a bit of shock.

Back
Top Bottom