What's the hardest class you have taken, and what made it hard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divemaster because I went into it not knowing how to swim. By the time it was over I had developed a very crude but working method that got me passed

Can't believe that you reached to the Divemaster course without knowing how to swim.
This means that you did all the previous courses (Open Water, Advanced Open Water and Rescue) without swimming ?

cave dpv was hardest. it was a skill set i just didn't have, and when i 'got' some of the dpv skills, my cave skills left my brain, i guess to give the dpv skills room. sigh.

Can't believe that you reached to the Divemaster course without knowing how to swim.
This means that you did all the previous courses (Open Water, Advanced Open Water and Rescue) without swimming ?

Yes it does. In Open Water I mask finned and snorkled. In AOW I never removed gear and in rescue I had fins one which gave me enough thrust to stay up above water while performing rescue scenarios. Plus in Open water I had a 5 mil on :)

I guess I have to take more classes as I havent found any to be difficult yet, atleast when it comes to diving..
Then again, if all goes to plan I do have more classes to come before too long.

Navigation using compass , I was never able to do a complete rectangle , I think current was the issue

Basic OW was a challenge... the PADI instructor the wife and I had was a real meat sausage, he kept texting and calling my wife for six months after the class… At least California has some good anti-stalking laws because PADI and the LDS didn’t care.

First tec class, specifically the first dive. 104min of skills, no buddy so it was all me.

I am looking forward to more challenges in the next year or two, specifically full cave and adv wreck.

I think the PADI Rescue class was the most difficult for me, more so than DM.

I also think that most would agree that the most difficult class is also the most rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom