What's your favourite St. Lawrence Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favourite wreck in the river has to be the Jodrey, hands down. Think of it as the Keystorm on steroids.

I like the Keystorm for its size and varied depth ...but ... if I don't have to traverse the Island - I really like the Lilly because of the drift afterward.
I still haven't dove the Jodrey and would really like to.
It's nice to still have "new" sites to visit - something to look forward to!!

I heard some amazing things about the Jodry.. Is she in recreational depths or for techies only?
At the moment I am only a lowly Nitorx AOW diver... Maybe someday I'll venture into the tech realm.. Just not ready for it yet.

squidguy once bubbled...

The boat is tied up to a buoy outta the channel and you swim along the bottom and drop into the channel max depth around 70-80 feet.
BTW a charge went off under the hull and you can see the wrinkle in the hull

Siund like a cool dive.. What's it like divig in the shipping channel with a freighter going overhead? Or do you only go when there is not ship traffic? I was on the Gaskin when a freighter passed nerby and that was pretty noticeable (And you could hear it very clearly).. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable right in the channel... What's it like?

The Jodrey is not a dive for an AOW diver (your tables won't go that deep....LOL)

Taz22 why did you not tell the guys about the line that runs out to the Gaskin?

The America should be treated as an overhead environment as you are in the shipping channel....A direct ascent to the surface is not an option with a freighter or a poker run going over you.

Lilly, Gaskin, Marsh, Keystorm Kingshorn, Davie, Daryaw, Comet and the list goes on.... I guess, it's the wreck I'm diving at the time. :D

Here's three threads I start a while back with some stats on dive sites (including wrecks) As I pulled the data off the Internet, some facts may be (say it ain't so) incorrect. The Jodrey is considered to be beyond normal the recreational range, and I "think" it's been closed by the USA Coast Guard.

Misc sites

Upper St Lawrence

Lake Ontario

Bubble Boy once bubbled...
T

Taz22 why did you not tell the guys about the line that runs out to the Gaskin?

They were doing a Nav dive as part of a course, I figured that if the instructor wanted them to use the line, he would have told them bout it.

barb once bubbled...

It's nice to still have "new" sites to visit - something to look forward to!!

Sounds like the new wreck drift dive on the Mason should be a fun one. Considering it is on the back side between two islands the current should be pretty amazing in that area.

Taz,
I don't know this wreck - Mason.
Can you access it from shore or is it a boat dive?
I like the sound of a really fast drift!!
I'm really anxious for spring to come so I can check this out!!

Back
Top Bottom