When do you wear your drysuit?

When do you wear your drysuit?

• I prefer wearing my drysuit and use it all year unless it is uncomfortably hot.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • I prefer wearing my wetsuit and use my drysuit only when the conditions are too cold.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I have no preference between wetsuit and drysuit and wear whatever is appropriate.

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What Wildcard said. However, I still like "When I go diving" even though it sounds smart ***. When I travel to the tropics, I take a 3mm wetsuit, but around here anthing below 30 ffw and it's darn cold. I prefer dry to wet for most Wisconsin dives.

I've only been dry for a year. I use my dry suit in the beginning of the season (March through June) when the water is coldest here off of New Jersey. Then I go with my Bare 7 mm from July till November.

Always and with dry gloves

I replaced my 5/3 with a drysuit. 80 degrees F and up, wet. Otherwise, dry.

In SoCal, Europe, NY, NJ,AL, Alaska...

Places like that.

Dry suits are not such a big deal. You use em' when you need to.

During the summer and holidaying in the Carribean, I'll wear a wet suit. During the colder months, I'll wear a drysuit. I will keep on wearing my wetsuit on beach dives until it becomes too cold to wear one. I won't wear anything thicker than a 5mm. For boat diving up here in NY, I always wear my drysuit.

I been diving dry just over a year now and I use it through all the seasons. In NY it dosent get much wamer than 73 and down to 38 in winter. Its the best piece of dive gear I ever got.

Another vote for "when I dive". Except in the tropics . . .

I heart my drysuit. Locally, I wear it year round, regardless of the temps. I've worn my drysuit in 85 degree air temps and 75/65/45 water temps (those thermoclines can be tough :D) If the water is warm and you sweat a little, what's the big deal?

The only exceptions are when I'm a victim for a rescue class, in which case I don't even use my own gear, or diving with paraplegics or quadraplegics, although the latter isn't always a rule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom