When do you wear your drysuit?

When do you wear your drysuit?

• I prefer wearing my drysuit and use it all year unless it is uncomfortably hot.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • I prefer wearing my wetsuit and use my drysuit only when the conditions are too cold.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I have no preference between wetsuit and drysuit and wear whatever is appropriate.

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer my wetsuit, sadly that meant that I got to use it less than 5 times last year (locally), I´d say that I wear a drysuit about 80% of my dives (the other 20% being holidays someplace warmer)...

I wear wetsuits/dive skins in tropical water, once it gets below 65 degrees or so I dive dry. So essentially anytime I dive out of the summer months here in Georgia it is with a dry suit.

I always dive dry around here and in the Great Lakes. Warmest I've seen is about 60 deg not including the top 20' before the thermocline.
When in warm water above 65 deg I prefer a wetsuit mostly due to the less lead required.

Would "since November" be too smart aleck? I got myself my first drysuit for my birthday, which was in November. Since then, I haven't gone back to diving wet yet. I might dive wet this summer, but since I'm one of those wackos that likes cold, dark water (springs and lakes and quarries, oh my!), I should get a lot of use out of it then, too. :wink:

October...gets a little colder. right through to June when the surface temps are warmer. I dive wet for ooo..about a month or so then back to dry...

I dive dry on night dives. Or multiple day dives...Or when the winds are cooler even in the summer time...I will dive dry in lakes...freaking thermoclines get ya everytime...:wink:

Prefer wetsuit ... but always go dry in Lake Michigan, wetsuits are for the tropics ;-).

I've dove my drysuit when it's 100F outside, and I've dove it when there was snow flying. I dive dry 99% of the time, it's more than a temperature thing. It's about being comfortable and the fact that when I'm done diving I don't stink like Neoprene.

I like getting out of the drysuit with even my hair being dry, what little of it is left. During the Summer it's more of what I'd call a damp suit but it's still better than a wetsuit. Of course in 100F temps you can get gamy pretty quick...

If the 3mm doesn't cut it the drysuit comes out!
7mm suit is no longer worth the time and effort.

Milo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom