When does "Gas Management" get taught?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly. There is an Essentials DVD that goes with the Essentials course. They also have Intro to Tech (ala DIR-F) and soon-to-be-released Tech Diver DVDs. The level that RB is covered in the Essentials DVD is more along the lines that you suggested for your OW class. Good luck!

O2BBubbleFree:
The DVD is probably a lot easier than digging it all out of the threads here... but SB (and the .pdfs you linked) is free. I like free. :wink:

I like free too, but the Essentials DVD is only $20. And its the best $20 I spent on any educational diving video.

The guys at 5thD-X did exactly what you are planning to do. In Essentials, they introduce the idea of rock bottom and usable air. And leave the students with a basic chart of tanks vs depth vs rock bottom. And then in the next class (post Essentials), they will actually go over the calculations in detail.

You can read more about the DVD here:
Essentials of Recreational Diving - the DVD

darkpup:
Richard, sorry for throwing you under the bus on that one.

~ Jason
No worries, I knew where you were coming from.

Back
Top Bottom