Where are you putting your safety sausage when wearing your bpw?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will admit I have not been using a SS, but I want to start. I have a Transplate with 1 4lb weight pockets on each side of my waist strap. The reel I can clip off on a number of places and it won't hang or drag, the sausage I'm not so sure. Any place I clip it it seems like it will hang and flail around. What are people doing with theirs that keeps it neat and tucked away, yet accessible?

TIA

I splash with it on a shoulder D-ring (holding it with the same arm that's holding my mask prevents it from unravelling on big drops). I move it to the rear crotch strap ring while descending.

ETA: I agree with others about pockets if you have them. That's where mine goes when I'm diving a drysuit.

Halcyon weighted bellows pocket or wetsuit pocket.

I have d-rings on the backside of my (freedom) plate where the harness is threaded. I use a quick link to make it easier to reach otherwise it’s a bit of a PITA to get to…

4E7EB97E-8793-445B-BD73-A1B93669279E.jpeg

When I wear a drysuit, my SMB is stowed in a drysuit pocket, which is one of the most common uses for a drysuit pocket. When I first got a BP/W and was diving a wetsuit, I stowed the SMB in one of those tail pouches that attaches to the plate. It felt unwieldy, and the pouch would sometimes get trapped when I was sitting on a boat bench. So I started clipping it to my left D-ring on the harness. That worked fine, but more recently I acquired a wetsuit with pockets. I have yet to get used to the wetsuit with pockets, but that's the ideal place for the SMB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom