Where are you putting your safety sausage when wearing your bpw?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a Zena and had it attached to my bottom D-ring and somehow lost it on a dive recently. Now I've ordered a new one and am trying to figure out how to attach it and stay streamlined while taking pics. I think I'm back to that bottom D-ring and using a bungee to keep it close to my rig. I think having it attached to a top D-ring might work too ... but I'm worried about it just feeling too 'visible' (but maybe that's good?). I have my camera attached on the left side - so maybe have the SMB on the right side? 450+ dives and haven't needed it yet ... which means that I'm gonna need it soon, right??????

I tried stowing a bag in the Halcyon backplate pad and discovered I'm like the princess and the pea.
I found a sausage won’t stay in the pouch, too small and slippery. But, a Halcyon SMB will stay in there.

I have a pair of 1/4" bungie loops threaded through my upper camstrap. It seems to hold the rolled up SMB reasonably securely. I can (just) reach over my shoulder to pull out the SMB. Probably not streamlined enough for cave / wrecks, but I don't do that stuff.

Two bungees with cord locks on the side of the plate. Or, you can use a double bolt snap and attach it to the side of the plate.

1 connected to a hole in the base of my back plate and the other is in a pocket

But D ring is ok,
but tends to get in the way on the surface, off to the side is much nicer,

Usually my finger spool goes on the RH D ring to retain my long hose

20230420_102729.jpg

I keep my DSMB attached to the backplate using 2 loops of bungee cord, on my right-hand side, just above the belt / at the kidney. Keep the spool separately clipped onto the bottom right corner of the backplate (double-ender clipped through a screwhole that's there). Both are nicely out of the way but easily removed, before tying together for use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom