Where can you dive AND surf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barbados or the west side of Puerto Rico has both and you can do it in the same day.

I second Barbados. I currently live here and when there is a good swell, there is great surfing on the east coast. Kelly Slater loves coming to Barbados. I would say the diving is good, but honestly have only been diving on a few of the other islands in the Caribbean, so don't have much to compare to. If you keep your eye out, you can get good deals on flights as well from NY.

Best diving ( what i do ) and surfing were different places though not impossible to do both same day or place.

Are the sites close enough for staying at the same place?

The Pipeline is many miles from shore, and awsome surfing, immediately next to awesome diving or snorkeling. You need a boat for the surfing--to get there, and so you could surf a few hours, have lunch, then dive a few hours at the same place ( a hundred yards from the surf zone).

Given the swell and surge from Hurricane Norbert off Mexico, I exited the water last night by surfing into the dive park stairs... but I don't think that's what you are looking for in terms of diving and surfing!

Not traditional surfing but the wind surfing in Dahab, Egypt, is supposed to be brilliant! I know nothing about windsurfing but can highly recommend the diving!

Beqa Lagoon, Fiji has world class both(close by)......

Conditions are variable. In most spots you can either dive or surf but not both. A few sites, like Topaz Jetty, Haggerty's and Cabrillo Beach offer both at the same time. Surfers enjoy the south side of the Topaz jetty while divers are less than 1/4 mile north. . .
SoCal/Los Angeles County --Dive both the Kelp Forest and Surf afterward in close proximity:

Malaga Cove, Palos Verdes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom