Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kitsugawa Maru here in Guam. Other than being chased off by a policeboat due to a passing nuclear sub before my dive and being boarded by the Coastguard after, my actual dive was great. My day is not complete out here without having a 50 Cal pointed at me:)

The Kitsugawa Maru here in Guam. Other than being chased off by a policeboat due to a passing nuclear sub before my dive and being boarded by the Coastguard after, my actual dive was great. My day is not complete out here without having a 50 Cal pointed at me
icosm14.gif

Geez and I worry about the odd fishtug going past...

Did a dive in Ginnie Springs yesterday. Went back past the Henkle to the 4100-foot mark, and scootered (SS Minnus) down the Hillier Tunnel, etc. Got 4 hours for the dive + 2.5-hour deco for a nice 6.5-hour solo dive. Got to love these rebreathers. Of course, the trick is staying warm when not moving around on deco. Extra hood, heavy gloves I carry in my drysuit pocket, and a heated vest make it possible. Had the place to my self.
Now THAT's a solo dive!:surrender:

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Here is Tobermory dive site at the Lighthouse Mar 11, no ice on the water.View attachment 119999

Nice. I was planning on getting the boat in next weekend, but it seems I MUST got Whistler this week for just a few more days of sliding down a big hill...

Soo..
Finally got around to getting into my VERY local, very uninestering lake for some spring nitrogen loading.
3,6c at 8m and 5c at the surface isnt exactly what Ill call nice and warm, but it was good to be back in the water, if just for practicing basic bouyancy and propulsion. Cant begin too rough after a long frozen winter :wink:

Sunday, April 22, 75 minute drift on Black Condo, Boynton Beach, Florida. Started out with 2 Hammerheads swimming together and continued with Green Morays, Spotted Morays, lobster, turtles, Southern Rays, and all the usual reef fish. One of the most spectacular dives I've had, I'm very grateful.

Good diving, Craig

Last weekend I went down to swanage pier in the UK for a weekends diving. Got another 5 solo dives in each for an hour and no deeper than 4m, The vis was a couple of metres at best and not to warm, despite the number of people at the site I managed to time my dives to avoid the crowds and take my time bimbling about and taking photos of the anemones, pipefish and a lovely corkwing wrasse. The down side I was never warm all weekend I really am going to have a look at a front loading drysuit. And replace my old sleeping bag for these dive and camp trips.

If anyone's interested my pics can be found here Swanage pier April 2012 - a set on Flickr

Thanks Matt

Last solo dive I did was a few weeks ago at Jackson Blue in Marianna Fl. My first "real" cave dive solo.

Dropped a stage at the second breakdown (~750 feet in) right at the first T, left at the second (~1300' ) and then back out.

Really liked the feeling of being on my own in a cave,which might not be a good thing.

I attempted to today, but our lakes have a strict buddy rule and since no one was there I couldnt fake it.

Did my season opener on the 150 wood wreck yesterday. I did 30 minutes on the bottom with a run time of 56 minutes. Top 40 feet was gin clear, after that a layer of funk. It opened up on the botttom to a solid 40 feet or more. If not for that layer of funk it would have been bright and spectacular. I saw things on the wreck that I had really not seen before due to the conditions. A great season opener!
Eric

I attempted to today, but our lakes have a strict buddy rule and since no one was there I couldnt fake it.
Really? What happens if you dive alone? Is there a fine? Do the authorities arrest you? This seems rather Draconian, doesn't it?

I only managed one dive this weekend... On the Forest City, in Tobermory. I was breaking in some new camera gear so limited my depth to 140' to extend my bottom time a bit. I racked up 8 minutes of deco and was thoroughly frozen when I finally got out. The water was a fairly balmy 42 top to bottom... either I'm getting old, or it's time for a new set of undies! Or possibly both... :(

Well you have to get a scuba pass from the park ranger. Since i was the first one through the office and didnt walk in the ofice with a buddy. If there someone at the lake diving you can just look at the sign in pad and say im diving with enter name here. ive never seen the park ranger leave the hut but knowing my luck the first time I dont pay my 5$ The races will be rained out and he will drive around looking for tags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom