Where is the best Snorkeling place in our planet ?

Where is the best Snorkeling place in our planet ?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Accepting obvious limitations, for shallow snorkeling the place I most appreciated was directly in front of the old cricket pitch on Negril's 7 mile beach back in the 1970s.Tiny patch corals starting 3 feet from shore in 1 foot of water scattered in the eel grass, and covered with juvenile butterfly fishes, angelfishes, damsels, seahorses, and incredible invertebrates. As you proceeded to 3 or 4 feet of water small Hawksbill sea turtles were common, and the corals grew thick and various, becoming increasingly spectacular as you moved offshore. A wonderland.

Let me know when you get the wayback machine up and running, I've got a couple of spots I'd like to see again as well. 'Till then I'll be on the NorCal coast, on a good day it's hard to beat.

Bob
---------------------------------------
"If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain." Brian Griffin

I didn't vote either because the places listed mean nothing to me.
Also, where's the line between snorkelling and freediving?
If you are snorkelling your head doesn't go underwater and if you're freediving it does?
Or does your whole body have to go underwater, and how long does the apnea have to last to be considered a freedive?
Just curious.
I'm actually surprised a poll like this was posted being that 80% of SCUBAboarders are so anti snorkel.

This is the snorkeling/freediving forum, so the poll shouldn't be surprising, though it was very badly framed, listing a small number of choices for "best in the world."

Now, just my opinion: You are snorkeling if you are breathing through a snorkel. You are freediving if you are in the water, have no air supply other than what's in your lungs, and at the moment in question have no way to inhale fresh air. As far as I'm concerned, if you are floating on the surface but bent 90 degrees at the waist with your head down, you can call it freediving. Clearly, snorkeling and freediving overlap. It's possible to freedive without a snorkel (in competition dives, the snorkel is usually left on the float) and it's possible to snorkel without freediving, but I would guess that most freediving is combined with snorkeling.

I think most of the new places that our friends mentioned are need long liveboard journeys.
I tried to ask, short boat time (less than 20 minutes) or shore diving places for beginners.
Mobil from Istanbul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom