Where is the cheapest and fast place to get Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would help if you completed your bio, so we knew where you lived...could answer your question better...ditto on the "go to your lds and ask for a private."

We can get you done over two weekends, no problem.
Our next class starts on Dec. 9th and finishes on Dec. 17th. Come by or call the shop, we will take care of you for a very reasonable price.

MntbikerBamBam:
OK OK OK i take it back. Let me explain.
i want a REASONABLE price. sports chalet's price seems fine to me BUT they dont offer a condenced class that i can find. i dont want to take a month long drawn out class. i wanna finish in a week or two (over christmas) thats the other problem, SC doesnt have any classes scheduled that are offered after i get out of school and before the first of the year.
I guess FAST wasnt the best word, i just wanna go more than once a week.
OK NOW any suggestions?

That does sound like you want cheap and fast. Well, most of the classes available fit the bill, I'l sure you'll find a low quality class that meets your needs. A good quality class will take a month and it will meet about 3 times a week.

Really need to know where you live in SoCal. There are a lot of LDS's (local dive shops) that can help you out. Hollywood Divers (mentioned above) has a nice shop and the people their are friendly and helpful. However, depending on where you live, there may be a shop close by that would help you out.

If you haven't already, read the link above, and do some research. The more informed you are going into diving, the better off you will be---- skill wise and money spent too .

Oh, yeah, have fun with it.

Kevin

I'm sure there are places that can provide a certification program that meets their agency standards in a short amount of time, an no disrespect meant to any of them.

But step back and think about this for a minute. You're about to embark on initial training which will provide the foundation for many years of recreation. This is an activity which is quite safe if done properly but can be extremely dangerous, potentially fatal, if done incorrectly. Statistics show that a majority of diving accidents happen with those relatively new to the sport. There is also a wide variety in the quality of instructors. Your initial certification training is critical to making you a safe diver, and will also set the stage for if you have the basic skills which will play a big difference on whether you enjoy the sport enough to get hooked.

Are you sure you want something cheap which will get you a C-card in less than a week?

MntbikerBamBam:
OK OK OK i take it back. Let me explain.
i want a REASONABLE price. sports chalet's price seems fine to me BUT they dont offer a condenced class that i can find. i dont want to take a month long drawn out class. i wanna finish in a week or two (over christmas) thats the other problem, SC doesnt have any classes scheduled that are offered after i get out of school and before the first of the year.
I guess FAST wasnt the best word, i just wanna go more than once a week.
OK NOW any suggestions?

Honestly, I can't believe how restrained people in this thread have been. If you want quality instruction in less than 2 weeks you options will not be cheap. There are however probably some reasonable instruction options available that you can do in 2 weeks that are quality. But what you are looking for is an instructor willing to work over the Holidays, several times during the week, and more than likely around your schedule. Are you honestly expecting to get this as cheap or cheaper than the standard courses? My question to you is how many hours do you think this will take? My guess is at least 10 hours of class work, 10 hours of pool work, and then you'll be out at your OW site for at least 10 hours (much will be surface interval but you're still using the instructors time). Actually those numbers are probably too low. Considering that they already come up to 30 lets round that to a 40 hour work week. Now my question to you is how much would you charge for a week of your time during holiday season for what you normally do?

Remember you are learning to breath underwater where there are dozens of ways to KILL yourself. My life is personally worth more than a cheap course.

ok see if it takes a month but im meeting 3 times a week im fine with that, i just dont want to have like 1 one hour class once a week. i cant learn like that, i dont want a low quality class, i just dont want a slow paced class.

ok i give in you all got a point. im new to this whole thing, didnt really realize it took that many hours. ok well i will complete my profile and u guys can let me know where i can get the best course.

Take a look @ Pacific Wilderness in Orange they have a few instructors that will do a semi private any time you want. Just as long as Mother Nature behaves:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom