Where is the cheapest place to buy Atomics Reg??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveScoop:
Atomic Aquatics doesn't sell their products except through Dive Retailers.

Many "Dive Retailers" sell online. LP is one, ScubaToys is another.

I believe what you mean is that "Atomics constrains their authorized dealers to sell only face-to-face, and nearly all are compliant. No reliable exceptions are generally known."

I'm in CA, and was able to work the phones and find some fairly deep discounts from L.A. area retailers, and then used those prices to talk my local out of a price-match. (It helped that I could make the argument that L.A. is only a $12 train ride away and business often takes me there for free.)

I would think being in FL, you'd have a target-rich environment: work the phones, grasshopper.

Not a clue-But somebody must. CHRISTMAS IS ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY! (OK 4.7)

If you want an affordable Atomics, why not get a Z2?
Mechanically, it is just as solid and reliable as the others, breathes about the same and has a 2 year warranty, like the others. (just slightly different materials and options)
Have you considered dealing with your LDS? Some will give a discount if you purchase a package, and they may also provide discounted servicing for the regulator.
There are a bunch of dealers near you (Tampa, Mt. Dora, Rockledge, Apopka, Kissimmee, Orlando - at least 2, Lake Mary and many more). Have you tried to see if they will "work" with your budget?

howman:
If you want an affordable Atomics, why not get a Z2?
Mechanically, it is just as solid and reliable as the others, breathes about the same and has a 2 year warranty, like the others. (just slightly different materials and options)
Have you considered dealing with your LDS? Some will give a discount if you purchase a package, and they may also provide discounted servicing for the regulator.
There are a bunch of dealers near you (Tampa, Mt. Dora, Rockledge, Apopka, Kissimmee, Orlando - at least 2, Lake Mary and many more). Have you tried to see if they will "work" with your budget?

Yeah - I have one near me that I plan on trying. Does the Z2 have an adjustment on the second stage??

Yes it does... the reg itself is the same, just made from different materials internally, and does not come stock with the swivel hose.

bruehlt:
Thanks for the info DAD! I'm not looking for preachers on this board.

The advice against avoiding black market regulators seems rather well-intended, and probably worth considering. But I have to admit to finding Atomic's face-to-face policy rather customer-unfriendly.

-c

bruehlt:
Just got off the phone with scuba toys - they won't ship Atomics, and can only take 10% off MSRP. Guess I'll see what the other shop says?

I guess that is (sort of) new. Got my M1 and B2 from Suba Toys the year before last and they shipped them to me.

Back
Top Bottom