Where is your passion? Is diving your passion or is something else tugging at you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sailing... Not sure which is first but both diving and sailing are sending me to the poor house at a alarming rate!!! :D

lee

These days I am obsessed with diving. An hour doesn't go by when I am not thinking about diving.

I had been that way about sailing. After 5 1/2 years of travel on my sailboat, which abruptly ended when I hit some rocks in a harbor in Sri Lanka, I have moved away from that. But its still in there, and when something reminds me of sailing, it erupts like a volcano, and for a day or two won't leave my mind. Then I put it away again and get back to the dive stuff scattered around my apartment, and the next dive a few days away.

Diving usually monopolizes my conciousness, crossing oceans under sail is in my soul.

I kinda think about diving as following my sailboat to the bottom, but in a much more satisfactory way than the traditional going down with the ship!:D

Last edited:
JamesK, can I send you my car?

My other passion preceded learning to dive, and it's shown in my photograph on my profile page. I have spent a lot of my life riding horses, jumping as a teenager and dressage as an older adult. We bred horses for a while (you want to talk about something that makes the costs of scuba look trivial?) but we gave that up.

Diving has definitely taken energy away from my riding, which is fine; I had never really come to terms with the idea that I wasn't ever going to be rider I wanted to be, and diving seems to take the edge off that frustration. I'm not the diver I'd like to be, either, but I've gotten much closer with that :D

I'm an avid hunter (modern and traditional equipment), that uses the "down time" of the summer to fit in some scuba. I used to be a passionate fly-fisherman, but I now reside in less desirable locale for it, and don't have the time to travel. I ski frequently through the winter, but most importantly, I am a parent year round. My daughter is a competative swimmer, so life centers around competition pools. All activities we do are family. Once she gets certified (hopefully this year), diving may climb into the forefront.

#1 - wife
#2 - Diving (get to do this at work, public safety diver)
#2.1 - Offroad Dirt Bike racing enduro style!

Women, of course... but if I find the right lady-go-diver, I can combine my two passions into one fantastic activity!

Hunting is my first passion. Deer and duck primarily. I also do outdoor photography and love to bass fish.

Basically my fall and winter are for hunting and spring and summer are for diving. With bass fishing sprinkled in year round.

It was flying for a very long time and then I woke up one day and decided it wasn't something that I had a real passion for anymore. It was really odd.

So now it's diving and photography and I'm pleased that I can do both at the same time. My only problem is I can't see the forest through the trees. I spend a lot of time looking for the very small stuff and then miss the very large stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom