Where should I stay in Nassau the night before (Lost Island Voyages)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm booked for a week in March 2013 with my son and was able to find a pretty good deal on airfare ($400 each round trip, non stop) but we have to go the day before to be there at noon (flight arrives around 3 PM which is the shove-off time from the dock). I'm wondering what is the best strategy for the night before. Obviously there are lots of hotels on the island to choose from. I am wondering if it is best to stay by the marina to just walk over when we check out or stay somewhere else and catch a 2 cabs (airport to hotel, hotel to marina). I understand that there is a red-roof inn across the street. I don't want to stay in a total dump and get the trip off to a bad start with my son; but I also don't want to pay $600 to stay over at Atlantis for one night. I'm wondering what solutions worked for other folks with the same dilemma.

Reasonably nice shopping center across the street if you forget anything (towels, hats) and a decent liquor store. Starbucks there has wifi if you buy something. Walking distance to paradise island, and a fun bar (Johnny's?)

My son and I will be staying there in early march (8-15). If you see a really tall guy (6'8") with a very slightly smaller version of himself (6'7") wandering around that is probably us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom