where to dive in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svm

Reaction score
Hi,

we are a couple from Belgium and we have planned our holiday in Florida in november this year. We will be staying 1 week in Pampona Beach but we will rent a car do go diving a few days.
- where are the best spots to go diving ?
- which dive center dou you recommend that is good and affordable
- what can we expect to see in this area ?

Sabine

I live up in the central part of FL, but will be happy to offer a few bits of info. You can go down to the Fort Lauderdale pier and dive a reef system right off the shore, you SHOULD go down to Key Largo and dive John Pennecamp Park, and if you can burn a whole day, you could drive across to the Gulf coast (two hours or so to get there and another two to get back) and dive in Venice, where you're sure to find sharks' teeth to take home. You can look up info on that in the Venice Fossil Divers forum.

Have lots of fun!

svm-- that's a giant disagreement with the west coast from me. Cold and Crappy. The tooth dive is cute if you have not done it but *yawn* they just do not have what the East coast does.

As for what you will see.. read this THREAD

Where to go is no question at all. Kevin is the ruler all the other ops should be trying to measure up to. He can dive circles around the competition. Hell they were diving with a pod of dolphins the other day.. he is freaking Aquaman
aquaman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have dove all over the state, Boynton Beach is one of the finer places I have dove and with Kevin or Wil in the water with you make you feel pretty safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys, txs for the info. Seems you are all convinced of the quality of Kevin. And where can I find this guy or can in contact with him ? Does he have a website ?

Sabine

I'm wondering why this is in the kayak diving forum.

Very good question Debby, maybe we can get Colin to move it, since he moderates this section.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Conch

:D

First choice - Key Largo / Tavernier area. Any charter service will meet your needs.
Second choice - Fort Lauderdale / Pompano area. Again, plenty of good charters to take care of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom