Where to dive in Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makubex01

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, i just came back from my dive trip to Nassau, Bahamas. I am now deciding to travel to Puerto Rico and I don't know where in PR and which dive op is good? I hope someone on Scubaboard can tell me any great dive site w/ great dive op and also decent price?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thank you.

I've only experienced one; I dove in Eastern Puerto Rico with Sea Ventures; my Dive Master was Lugo. My wife & I had a good time. I don't know the names of the 2 sites we hit. We were still newbies (to some extent still are) kinda going 'Ooh, look! A Coral Reef! Hey, Trumpetfish!'

Richard.

My first Caribbean dive was at Desecheo Island, off the W Coast of PR. Taino Divers in Rincon was a good op, as far as I know (I'm still a noob), but the dive was incredible. Viz was 100+ and there were swim-thrus, plentiful coral and tons of fish. The best dive of my (brief) diving history -- which includes Florida, the Bahamas, and Turks&Caicos.

I am going to PR in May and am thinking of staying in Rincon. Do you have any comments on my choice? Should I choose to stay elsewhere? Also, any dive operator suggestions would be helpful.

Tankbreather:
If you're planning on staying in Rincon, Taino's the only gig in town. The other operators either went belly up or moved further down the coast.
I've stayed at a few places in Rincon- Rincon beach resort is nice, but it's a little far from town- ideal for hanging out on a beach chair near the pool/beach.
If you're looking for something a little more convenient, I'd recommend Dos Angelos del Mar guest house- John's a super host, and it's a good value- not someplace to spend the afternoon, but a nice place to stay.

Thanks for the info. I am going to get a car and don't mind driving. Is it better to dive up north? Also, I think I found a place to stay, on the beach with a pool, and small not a lot of guests, AH sounds peacefull.

The only problem with diving towards Aguadilla is that as you head north, you have more of the Atlantic current/chop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom