Where to go for 3-4 weeks of diving and AOW cert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. I've checked out a few threads on UDC and they look pretty solid. Lorenzoid, you have been most helpful and I really appreciate it. Once I have plane tickets nailed down, I'll probably find a place to stay for a night or two and look for more permanent accommodations once I'm there. Or maybe I'll decide to go super-cheap and stay in the bunk house (but I doubt it).

Bonaire. Easy to find self catering. Diving should be within your ability.
Choose a busy dive shop and it should be possible to find someone in a similar solo situation to form a budy pair.
Ask the staff they normally know who's solo. p.s. don't go with someone who has a camera, they don't make great buddies.
Only real issue in the navagation dive, vis is too good and reef makes it too easy.
Hilma hooker for the deep dive, well take a shovel.
Have fun and dive, dive, dive.

A three or four week trip alone. I envy you. I would go to Palau, if I could manage the money. Diving in the warm waters near the equator in the Pacific is unequaled, and you would easily be able to get the training you want there.

If you are not too attached to staying in one place the whole time, a trip that starts in Palau for a couple weeks, then moves to Yap for a week and ends a week of diving in Truk would by my dream trip.

It would give you a chance to put that new AOW to good use.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk HD

I've always wanted to go to Yap.

However, I think your itinerary is quite out of my budget range for right now. And if I were to go that far, I'd probably want to take the DH.

Yeah, just a fantasy for me too.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom