Where To Stay In Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US$250.00 for a round trip!!
I can easily do it in less than 30.00.
Taxi from the airport to the bus terminal: P300.00.
Bus to Batangas Grand Terminal: P250.00
Jeepney to Mabini and then the resort: P100.00.
Total. of P650.00 which is. under $12.00.

A boat transfer to Buceo is necessary and I assumed it is FOC for the client!
No such issue if staying at Blue Ribbon or others.

A boat transfer to Buceo is necessary and I assumed it is FOC for the client!
No such issue if staying at Blue Ribbon or others.
I wasn't aware that a boat transfer was necessary, which is interesting as it sort of makes you a "prisoner" at the resort to some degree.

The last time I was at CBR in 2018, I caught a cold from my dive buddy, who had been in Puerto Galera for a week prior to my arrival, and I ended up not diving for three days and consuming hot calamansi drinks almost on a 24/7 basis for two days.

At least I was able to take a car to Batangas and visit a mall etc., rather than being stuck in the resort.

I wasn't aware that a boat transfer was necessary, which is interesting as it sort of makes you a "prisoner" at the resort to some degree.
The video you quoted on #4 did mention it.

The video you quoted on #4 did mention it.
Indeed it did, that was the first time I was aware of it.

I'm tempted to give Buceo a try though as I know other people who have been there but they never mentioned the additional boat transfer.

The last time I was at CBR in 2018, I caught a cold from my dive buddy, who had been in Puerto Galera for a week prior to my arrival, and I ended up not diving for three days and consuming hot calamansi drinks almost on a 24/7 basis for two days.

At least I was able to take a car to Batangas and visit a mall etc., rather than being stuck in the resort.

the boat ride is around 10 minutes

but yes
at Buceo, theres nothing else to do
theres a 200 meter beach stretch
one end is nothing
the other goes past a small local village

the food did get redundant by day 4
I did ask the owner one day to get me a lapu lapu (hamoor, grouper) but they grilled it differently than how I liked and could not eat it haha

the food did get redundant by day 4
This is a problem with most dive resorts in the Philippines with probably an exception at El Galleon / Asia Divers in Puerto Galera.

I think the worst I had was at Atlantis in Puerto Galera.

CBR was okay and had good choices when I stayed there.

I am rethinking Buceo. I can accept being sequestered, we are there to dive... but their T&C's state no outside food and drink allowed. We like a decent cocktail or to share a bottle of wine after diving and travel with appropriate supplies. I don't expect a dive place in the Philippines to make me a craft cocktail or have a nice bottle of wine. But, I do expect to be able to bring my own, especially when you are locked into the resort. We are also vegetarian and sometime buffer whats available as you can only eat so much pasta. Bit of an overreach IMHO.

The owners are really nice and customer focuesd, if you email them you may be able to come to an agreement, like paying a small corkage.

The owners are really nice and customer focuesd, if you email them you may be able to come to an agreement, like paying a small corkage.

Thanks!

This is a problem with most dive resorts in the Philippines with probably an exception at El Galleon / Asia Divers in Puerto Galera.

I think the worst I had was at Atlantis in Puerto Galera.

CBR was okay and had good choices when I stayed there.

Good food in the PI can be a challenge to find sometimes!

Overall I prefer areas where I can select my restaurant so I can find the best food. There is one resort where we used to go with great food, so good we could stay for 2 weeks and rarely venture off site to eat. Their menu had dishes from all over the world, and everyone was good. Takatuka in Sipalay was our choice after I would do 3 dives a day somewhere else like Anilao, we would go there and just chill on the beach, eat 3 yummy meals a day and enjoy our sunset cocktails. I would occasionally go for a dive, they do have a few nice sites, one is a really good abandoned pier with a muck bottom, then there are a few excellent wide angle sites.

@btscott the food at Buceo is good enough for me to get thru a 10 day dive trip there, but being vegetarian might be a bit of a challenge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom