Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Age 14 - Hays America - the Plainville rescue divers were doing a SCUBA demonstration for the student lifeguards on our last night of class. I will never forget that exhilarating sensation of weightless flight.

Coast Guard Beach in Monterey, CA. Along with "chester the molester" the local sea otter.

Mine was a Discover Scuba session in the Keys. Eastern Dry Rocks and Rock Key.

Did my certification at the Bainbridge Quarry in PA. Hoping to get back to the quarry soon..summer's running out on me!

Cozumel, Palancar Wall, looked down at my depth gauge and it said 100 ft, OS!
Better move up a little in the water column.

mech:
Like most others from N CA we did our class dives at Breakwater.
Our instructor was Tim Murphy and he was fantastic.
He actually had us horizontal doing elevation changes with lung volume.
I now know that we left his class with skills.
Our family's first open water dives away from our instructor was the Blue Hole in Nassau with Nassau Divers.
We loved it.
Absolutely loved it.
It took me a while to realize that this is not the best idea for most.
I actually thought all people would/should have boyancy skills after their OW class.
Hey Mech(Andy) I thought you were a lurker not a poster! Anyway with the 105 divers I counted in the water at Breakwater the last time I was there you'd think more of them would've posted here. I did mine there with my husband 01/23/05. Been hooked ever since. I try to dive once a week and just bought a boat to get to better dive sites. My son ( almost 21!) certified in June. One son to go and we'll all dive together! Yay!

mine was done in hawaii also did my aol right after that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom