Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Quarry....Lake Rawlings, VA.....great viz....25' +...but a tad chilly....made the subsequent dives in St. Lucia seem a lot nicer!

All my diving has been in Puerto Rico. South coast, Guanica at the Copamarina. Beautiful place, great dive operation and instructors. I was the only student, so I basically got private classes. I'm in Puerto Rico on a work project and they worked with my travel schedule. It's been great, nice reefs a big wall, lots of fish, coral, creatures. I'm hooked, I just hope I can keep it up when I have to go home to Wisconsin. But, for now, I'm goin' diving tomorrow. . .
:)

Lake George, New York, early spring of 1970. I thought that the water was cold till I hit the thermocline at @ 28' and found out what cold really is. Now it's the Carribean and warm waters where I don't need no stinkin wet suit, thank you very much.

CBulla:
Ooooooooooo....thats a tough one Kevin. I actually did mine in a sodium dihydrogen monoxide pond.

Dihydrogen monoxide! Yikes! I accidentally spilled a bucket of that stuff on my friend's tee-shirt. Gosh, what a reaction she had!

OW cert dives in March, 1989, at the Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, New Mexico. First ocean dive was 8 months later over Christmas at Anthony's Key, Roatan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom