Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamestown, RI, the middle of May, on a rainy day. Water was 56 F. Been hooked ever since. So many divers that weekend that it looked like a seal convention.

Cheers!

Natasha:
In a few weeks I'm taking my teens back to the site I did my very first OW dive.
Mine was in Cozumel @ the plane.

I'm sure it will a great dive for them too.

So, where was yours? Have you ever brought anyone back to it, to share your memory?
A quary in south western Ontario. When I started diving again last year and redid my certifications, my first dive was a shore dive near Lions Bay in British Columbia. Oddly enough - I've never been diving in what would be considered "warm water" - every dive has been a dry suit dive, averaging 43 degrees F.

-- greg

Playa Villa Blanca in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago for my daughter and I. We be hooked now :)

Discounting all my boring little weekend dives in Ohio quarries, here's my Little Big List Of First Open Water Dives:

OW checkout dives=Portage Quarry, northwest Ohio.

First attempt at a *real* OW dive=Lake Erie near Sandusky, OH. Underweighted, overheated, seasick. Abort! Abort!

First *real* OW dive where I actually got below the surface=Tobermory, ON. First dive got me down to 100 ft. Brrr!

First OW dive that looked like what most people think scuba diving looks like=Bimini, with Blackbeard's.

cheers

Billy S.

mine was at playa del carmen, at a cavren called cholc mole.( esayer to sell like is sounds.) and we went into a cave. yes im not cer in cave but i didnt know that thats were the groupe was going. got some great pics
on my web page under mexico05

My check out dives were at Lake Jocassee on the North Carolina/South Carolina border. My first truely open water dive was to "Black Bart" off Panama City Beach, FL.

Agana Bay, Guam 1987

My first fifteen months of diving was done around this Island, then moved to Las Vegas no diving except Lake Mead (ho hum), then to Missoula, Montana (woopidy doo), now back home in Western, NY at least I have the St. Lawrence for the summer and trips to Florida nad the Caribbean in the Winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom