Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arrow Point, Santa Catalina Island, August 24, 1969. Although I'd been diving for 8 years by then, the previous dives had all been in fresh water.

My first OW dive was off Indian Point at Table Rock Lake Missouri in June of 1961.

I took my wife there several times before she started diving so she could take care of the boat for us, and when she finally got certified she got to dive the same ledge and wall that I started on – 35 years later.

bumpity bump

In a few weeks I'm taking my teens back to the site I did my very first OW dive.
Mine was in Cozumel @ the plane.

I'm sure it will a great dive for them too.

So, where was yours? Have you ever brought anyone back to it, to share your memory?

The damn dam @ Toledo Bend Reservoir----brought a buddy of mine there several years ago(pre 9/11)----Now thanks to Al Queda, bunch o' bastages, it's off limits....someone's afraid us coonies might blow it up or something.....lol........Never again I guess.......

Morrisons Springs, FL - only did it the once and definitely want to experience it again now that I have a few more dives under my crotch strap.

North Wall, Grand Cayman.

C

Looking back @ my oldest log book(March '86) that was my 24th & 26th dives.....deepest I had ever gone (for awhile)---maxed out 125' on the 2nd one.........

my first o/w was alog time ago, sept. 13, 1987.. jamestown, RI.
i cant belive its been 20 years. man the time flies by....:confused:

My first ow dive was in the Mediterranean Sea over a year ago. It was during my holiday in Greece. One day I went out for a walk, came across a scuba centre, decided to go for owd and here I am now as a Resue diver! I guess it couldn't be coincidence ... :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom