which is a better diving magazine???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think both mags are good eye candy. Beyond that I don't care for them but I do receive both mags.

I have scuba diving, asian diver and scubaglobe. The last two are great mags for us divers located in this region. Am just wondering why scuba diving goes back to reviewing cozumel, caymans and roatan almost on a monthly basis and not on some frontier dive spot for a change. :crafty:

clgsamson:
I have scuba diving, asian diver and scubaglobe. The last two are great mags for us divers located in this region. Am just wondering why scuba diving goes back to reviewing cozumel, caymans and roatan almost on a monthly basis and not on some frontier dive spot for a change. :crafty:

i agree. do you think that asian diver is any good considering most of our diving is local?

Spoon:
i agree. do you think that asian diver is any good considering most of our diving is local?

Bro, that's how I discovered sangalaki, indonesia. Don't discount the possibility of you going to some exotic diving place for your honeymoon in the future.

BTW, saw your puerto galera countdown in another thread. I do hope you get a good diving rate. It's much much different from Anilao rates.

Dive safe

Spoon you should check out "Dive Magazine" http://www.divemagazine.co.uk . It's a UK publication, but I think it's miles ahead of Scuba Diving Magazine or Sport Diver.
Paired with Asian Diver, I think it'd take care of all your Diving literature needs..

Dive Training seems to have more practical info. I get 5 different mags but as a recreational diver I seem to refer back to Dive Training most often. My second choice would be Scuba Diving (lots of info about gear) over Sport Diver (lots of info about destinations).

I also like another British mag called Diver. You can read it online, but I like the pretty hard copy for travel. http://www.divernet.com/index.shtml

It looks a lot like DIVE, but the articles are more thorough and I like the columnists better.

Also, you might want to try Undercurrent, a bimonthly newsletter that has lots of good info. They accept no advertising, so it's a bit less biased. Subscribers also get an annual travel guide written by readers. You can read excerpts at www.undercurrent.org

Of the two you mentioned, I prefer Scuba Diving, because it has slightly better articles. Sport Diver seems to spend most of its space pitching dive travel, which isn't what I read a dive mag for.

Dive Training, Advanced Diver, Immersed, and Fathoms (I'm not sure the last two are currently being published) are all sources of good info on diving too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom