which RAW software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samui13

Registered
Reaction score
Would like to hear what other Canon users are using for their RAW files. I need to buy some software but dont want to buy the wrong one.

Also what is Canons software like for uw photos.

cheers, stew

Doesn't pertain to Canon, nor any other camera manufactuer. I have and Oly though and have only just started shooting with I find that rawshooter has alot more functions than my Oly software. I also use the Oly plugin for PS too. I beleive Canon also has one for PS/Elements.

What are you looking for your RAW software to do? Editing? Organizing? I use Aperture for Organizing/limited editing, but that requires some hardware not everyone has. :)

is aperture not for apple only!!!! i am running XP on a pc.
i thought i had read somewhere with regards to rawshooter that it had been discontinued. i might be wrong though.....

samui13:
is aperture not for apple only!!!! i am running XP on a pc.
i thought i had read somewhere with regards to rawshooter that it had been discontinued. i might be wrong though.....
Indeed it is Macintosh only. Thus my comment that it uses hardware not everyone has. You never specified what you were running in your initial post.

If you're looking for similar functionality for a PC, you might look either at iView MediaPro (recently purchased by Microsoft), or Adobe's Lightroom Beta, both of which are now out for both platforms.

Both Canon's DPP and Adobe's ACR work very well with Canon Raw files. I've used both, and would be happy with either.

ACR is easier to incorporate into a workflow that involves creating DNG files. Out of the box, DPP is extremely good with skin tones.

I usually use Adobe's Photoshop CS2 - and it has ACR.

I have also installed Canon's DPP finally but haven't really used it. From all accounts it is definitely worth learning, though.

Do you want it to just process raw files?
Do you want it to help you organize your images too?
Do you have a budget?

Back
Top Bottom