Which steel tank?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My single tanks are Worthington HP100. But if I can do it all over again, I would go for Worthington or alike LP95 or HP130. I dived them a few time in live aboard, I like their physical size better. and it never hurt to carry more gas. HP100 is very nice, but I think I can handle larger (physically) tank. I however do NOT like Faber LP95. it is too short. I also don't like Faber LP85 for single, it is too skinny and neck too long, make my head hitting first stage.

Love my LP85s - I fill my own tanks and a 3500psi fill gives me just over 112 cu ft.
Not much to dislike...:D

I also don't like Faber LP85 for single, it is too skinny...

eelnoraa,

Why is "too skinny" a bad thing for you? A skinny OD tank doesn't play nicely with your BC tank band? Some other reason?

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

I like Faber LP85 for double, but for single, I just found 7.25" or 8" tank feel just as comfortable. My previous favorite is Worthington HP100, but now it is Worthington LP95. They are all great, just personal preference.

eelnoraa,

Why is "too skinny" a bad thing for you? A skinny OD tank doesn't play nicely with your BC tank band? Some other reason?

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Do you perform a lot of repetitive profiles? As a nitrox diver you can get a LOT of out your second dive.

What kind of dive times does your normal group normally get? For example I just started drift diving with folks who like to get around 60ish minutes in 2-3 ATA of water and a normal AL80 would cut it very close.

For me, I love my Faber HP 133s - they really aren't that much heavier/bigger than your standard HP 100 and provide for a few additional options. Some on here will tell you that the extra drag isn't worth the air capacity but I love how they trim out and I am never the first to call a dive because of low air.

Here is a great article on selecting tanks, I highly recommend you give it a go over:
https://www.divegearexpress.com/library/articles/how-to-select-a-scuba-tank

Back
Top Bottom