Which Suunto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your computer craps out, it defaults to gauge mode so you can still figure out NDL using tables. Don't forget the double warranty, plus you can actually read the screen on the Vyper, i.e. BIG NUMBERS!!!!
Paul

Isn't the screen on the Gekko the same size? I don't think that how big the numbers are is really going to be a big issue for me though...

I see an old post (May 2005) regarding battery kits for the Suunto Gekko computer and wonder if those are still available from anyone here on the board.

Thanks in advance,

MJ

Papasmurf89:
Hi,

I've done a little searching around on this board and I feel like I've go a pretty good idea of some good computers so I'm going to be buying my new computer this weekend. Anyways, Suunto's seem to be some of these best computers out there. My only problem is, I can't decide which model I want.

I've been looking at the Vyper, Mosquito, and the Gekko. I've heard great things about all of them and the only really bad thing that I've heard is about the Mosquito. I heard that sometimes it's hard to use the buttons when you have gloves on and the numbers are a little small. Anyways, which would you guys recommend? I'm a fairly casual diver so I don't need anything super complicated. I just want something that's reliable.

Thanks guys!
If you use gloves frequently, then get a Suunto which has big buttons. If not, the choice is apparent. Best to choose one that fits your diving conditions and not the other way around. You can also own one of each if you are a frequent diver in both cold and warm waters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom