Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pistol Pete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Lately, I've read a lot of reviews of the Whites Fusion drysuit, with the tech skin as well as with the lycra skin. It seems to be a great suit; about the only negatives have been pockets sagging a little after a dive, the neoprene pockets being too strechy, and the overall look of a power ranger. (With an otherwise perfect drysuit, I could get used to those little negatives real fast.) I also get the impression that the suit after around 30 to 40 dives is still holding up well.

My suspicions are somewhat stirred, however. It's been a rarity at best, in my experience (military, civilian, aircraft, boats, heavy equipment, personal automobiles, skiing, scuba, etc.) that ANY piece of equipment is alltogether wonderful. Normally, there is a trade-off between advantages in one area versus disadvantages in another.

So . . . is there anyone out there with substantial negatives on the Withes Fusion they'd like to share?

So . . . is there anyone out there with substantial negatives on the Withes Fusion they'd like to share?

Having to explain to everyone that sees it for the first time just what the hell it is that you are wearing....

Honestly I have nothing negative to say about it yet. So far I love my suit. I just ordered the Tech Skin so I only have expierence with the Lycra.

Phil

I have the tech skin, and so far I don't notice any real sagging of the pockets. Maybe the only "disadvantage" is that it's not as easy to get into and out of as most drysuits, but you get used to that quickly. Oh and being referred to as a Power Ranger, or some other character that someone called me but I can't recall what it was.

...or some other character that someone called me but I can't recall what it was.

I would guess the pilots from another Japanese show: Neon Genesis Evangelion

They wear "plug suits" during combat.

shinji_plugsuit.gif

Plug suit

The plug suit is a form-fitting full body garment which the Eva pilots wear to aid in synchronization with their Evas. The suits are normally bulky but shrink to conform to the pilot's body through a mechanism housed in the wrists of the suits. The suits contain devices which help monitor the pilot's status and give medical aid, such as defibrillation or CPR. No two suits are alike: each suit bears the numerical designation of its corresponding Eva on the chest and back and is roughly color-coordinated with its corresponding Eva

Neon Genesis Evangelion glossary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love my fusion....if only it came with a giant robot.

Skdvr and Jimmer--Thanks. I'm verging on caving in to the impression that there just ain't nothing wrong with this drysuit. Is the mobility really similar to a 3mm wetsuit (an important thing for us arthritic old goats--fins on and off is getting to be a challenge)?

Skdvr and Jimmer--Thanks. I'm verging on caving in to the impression that there just ain't nothing wrong with this drysuit. Is the mobility really similar to a 3mm wetsuit (an important thing for us arthritic old goats--fins on and off is getting to be a challenge)?

Yes it really is that good. It's much better than my 4/5mm wetsuit. If anything is restrictive, it'll be the undergarments not the suit.

Cool! Any advice how to convince my wife that she'd be much happier if I spent $1300 and bought a Fusion?

Cool! Any advice how to convince my wife that she'd be much happier if I spent $1300 and bought a Fusion?

Sure, Do like I did and buy her one as well!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom