Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello James,
I bought the Fusion with both lycra and tech skins, and I thank you for the
original introduction of the Fusion that I got from your early posts!
And I thank "DiveRight Mike" for making it all happen!
Now I must decide whether to wear the Fusion at Dutch Springs next weekend with the MK3 or something lighter? It's such an in between time of season.
If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. I guess I will take both
undergarment choices and see what the weather and water temp brings.

All the best,
Geoff

Hello James,
I bought the Fusion with both lycra and tech skins, and I thank you for the
original introduction of the Fusion that I got from your early posts!
And I thank "DiveRight Mike" for making it all happen!
Now I must decide whether to wear the Fusion at Dutch Springs next weekend with the MK3 or something lighter? It's such an in between time of season.
If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. I guess I will take both
undergarment choices and see what the weather and water temp brings.

All the best,
Geoff

Just had to rub in that you have BOTH undergarments huh:D

Okay, please help me out with some context here....

The notion of diving dry in a suit that fits and swims like a 3mm wetsuit and makes me look like a super hero is an attractive notion.

Now I know that everyones thermal tolerance is different but when claiming that sort of fit an mobility what temperature range are you garmented for?

We're looking hard at this suit and need to understand this. My need will be mainly in the 40 - 50 F range with excursions above and below that temperature.

Thanks,
Pete

I've been in the low 50's with it so far in the MK2 undies. I was extremely comfortable for the 35 minute duration, and I still feel that my mobility was better than my wetsuit. Next weekend my shop starts Lake Erie charters, so I'll be able to get into some low 40's water and give you a bit better idea, but I anticipate it being every bit as warm and mobile.

Went diving today with my new fusion. First time with my Mk2. Water temp 57-59 and was very cozy. Second dive I took the jacket off and was still cozy. Only problem was I must of had some of my hair stuck in the neck seal. Cold water down my neck and into the suit. Once the shock was over ( and heart started again) I was not cold. The undergarments continued to keep me warm. Very happy with the suit and yes I was called a power ranger the first time I wore it. :wink:

Went diving today with my new fusion. First time with my Mk2. Water temp 57-59 and was very cozy. Second dive I took the jacket off and was still cozy. Only problem was I must of had some of my hair stuck in the neck seal. Cold water down my neck and into the suit. Once the shock was over ( and heart started again) I was not cold. The undergarments continued to keep me warm. Very happy with the suit and yes I was called a power ranger the first time I wore it. :wink:

Glad to hear you like it :wink: My GF dove one today for the first time and loved it. I figured if we got you the MK3 it would be too much....Did you use the pockets?

41 degrees with the Mark 2 - after 50 min dive was chilly so added a layer of long underwear - use them for skiing under my ski suit - nice and warm for the second dive. I wear rock boots and my feet do get cold. However they are no less warm than my other suit with the same rock boots so just need to find the right socks. I do like the rock boots for shore entries however so...

Would not want to go much colder without the Mark 3 or a Weezle.

It really is like diving a 3mil wetsuit for both flexibility and drag in the water. I think I was the one who posted re the pockets. They don't so much stretch as when you are wearing the suit between dives the stuff in the pockets pulls the outer skin down, kind of like skate boarder pants. A bit annoying to have to keep pulling them up, but that is all.

I think I was the one who posted re the pockets. They don't so much stretch as when you are wearing the suit between dives the stuff in the pockets pulls the outer skin down, kind of like skate boarder pants. A bit annoying to have to keep pulling them up, but that is all.

I agree with the pockets, but thats the only complaint I have about the suit so far, and its a small one. All the positives really do out way the saggin of the suit.....well at least for me

I've got somewhere between 50 and 75 dives on my Fusion, and there are a couple of nitpicky things I can mention. It annoys me that I can't close the zipper myself (but I, for some reason, have a really stuff zipper compared with my husband's and the ones my friends have). I'm using the Lycra skin (it's a long story) which necessitates using X-shorts as well as boots, and it's a lot of individual pieces to remember to get to the dive site, and to put together. I cannot suit up as fast as my buddies in their TLS's. I couldn't use the lovely White's boots I bought, because they didn't fit in my fins (which is something I'd warn people to check before they buy them) and I hated the next size up when I tried to dive them.

What I love: The mobility. The light weight. The mobility. The stability of the air bubble in the suit, which makes assuming "unusual attitudes" in the water much easier. The comfort of a "cave cut" without the restrictiveness. I love SiTech dump valves, too. Did I mention the mobility?

No trouble at all closing the zipper solo. Perhaps a faulty zipper?

Back
Top Bottom