Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess if your belly is big enough that the knife won't interfere with your left hip d ring...

Personally, I use two knives at the moment. I have an XS Scuba fogcutter, because you can use it as shears, and they make a nice leg sheath for it. I also found a very small folding titanium knife, that I put on my left arm opposite (under the arm) my three-pane slate. I find it very convenient there. Then again, I've never gotten really entangled, so....

Last edited:
I guess if your belly is big enough that the knife won't interfere with your left hip d ring...

Personally, I use two knives at the moment. I have an XS Scuba fogcutter, because you can use it as shears, and they make a nice leg sheath for it. I also found a very small folding titanium knife, that I put on my left arm opposite (under the arm) my three-pane slate. I find it very convenient there. Then again, I've never gotten really entangled, so....

Thanks for the idea about using the shoulder pad as a protective cover. I will give that a try. Right now I simply moved the sheath to the left between the backplate and the left D ring. Thought it may rub less there. Still accessible and I also have never even pulled it during a dive. Only have 220 dives though. Never say never eh?

Just as a word to the wise, a knife tucked back into the corner, so to speak, between the d-ring and the plate, isn't that hard to deploy, albiet a bit of a contortion.

It's putting it back that is an adventure. Especially if it is at all sharp.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom