Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did not use the pockets, but will be diving next Sunday and will try them then. I also had problems with the zipper. I just figure that it is new and will start zipping easier after some use. LOVE THE SUIT :heart:

I think I was the one who posted re the pockets. They don't so much stretch as when you are wearing the suit between dives the stuff in the pockets pulls the outer skin down, kind of like skate boarder pants. A bit annoying to have to keep pulling them up, but that is all.

I haven't been a fan of neoprene cargo pockets ever since a friend of mine got them on a custom wetsuit. In her case, the pockets literally sag to the point that the Velcro can't keep the pocket closed -- even when she only keeps a small smb and spool.

The pictures of the pockets Whites puts on the Fusion seem better designed than hers with a wider Velcro strip and a bigger drain. But my concerns about using neoprene aren't completely gone.

Also, one design feature I don't like about the Fusion pockets is the grommets being next to the Velcro. It seems to me that the knot from a bungee loop would interfere with the Velcro. Would it be possible to add grommets in the bellows much like H, DSS, or 5thD pockets?

Has anyone tried cordura pockets on their tech skin?

Thanks,
Ralph

I haven't been a fan of neoprene cargo pockets ever since a friend of mine got them on a custom wetsuit. In her case, the pockets literally sag to the point that the Velcro can't keep the pocket closed -- even when she only keeps a small smb and spool.

The pictures of the pockets Whites puts on the Fusion seem better designed than hers with a wider Velcro strip and a bigger drain. But my concerns about using neoprene aren't completely gone.

Also, one design feature I don't like about the Fusion pockets is the grommets being next to the Velcro. It seems to me that the knot from a bungee loop would interfere with the Velcro. Would it be possible to add grommets in the bellows much like H, DSS, or 5thD pockets?

Has anyone tried cordura pockets on their tech skin?

Thanks,
Ralph

Can't you put the knot on the inside of the pocket?

All the best,
Geoff

Just had to rub in that you have BOTH undergarments huh:D

Actually Mike, we only spoke about adding an MK2 to my mk3...waters are warming.
I think it may be a good idea though! Let's talk...lol.

By the way, how do you have time for a girlfriend when you're always at the dive shop making videos and wheeling and dealing?
:lotsalove:
All the best,
Geoff

Been swapping some posts on another forum ... and some negative comments posted, which I have seen elsewhere - so 'may' be common.
Take a look at
Whites Fusion Mini Review

Been swapping some posts on another forum ... and some negative comments posted, which I have seen elsewhere - so 'may' be common.
Take a look at
Whites Fusion Mini Review

It looks like her only complaint is putting the suit on. Which is certainly done different than other suits. When I first got mine I could not do the zipper myself but now I can. I can get my suit on pretty quickly as you can see in this video. The video was done for fun, but it does show that you can get the suit on pretty quickly.

Phil

Actually Mike, we only spoke about adding an MK2 to my mk3...waters are warming.
I think it may be a good idea though! Let's talk...lol.

By the way, how do you have time for a girlfriend when you're always at the dive shop making videos and wheeling and dealing?
:lotsalove:
All the best,
Geoff

Shhhh....thats what she says...Got her certified last year and luckily she doesnt mind the cold water around here. But she is buggin me about a vacation:14:

Call me tomorrow if you want an MK2....Might be in a wheeling and dealin mood for someone in New York :wink:

Well .. there were a couple of other issues -

# uncomfortable squeeze in use

# restriction around lower leg (read this elsewhere as well)

Back
Top Bottom